Saturday, January 12, 2013

Testing....Testing....

Well the past few weeks have been full of different tests and results and more tests for me.  Before Christmas I had some elevated blood pressure that was worrisome to the Doctors.  So blood tests happened.  Then Christmas happened, then time for another appointment.  I still had elevated blood pressure, so more blood tests and a urine test.  For the most part the tests came back normal.  There was some elevated levels of some liver enzyme so I was sent to the hospital for further tests.  On Friday I got an ultrasound where they were checking on the baby and her organs and development.  She (yes still a she) is doing great, her heart is functioning and her other organs are where they are supposed to be and the amnionic fluid is at normal levels.  So baby is doing wonderfully and weighs almost 6 pounds.  But they are still concerned with my high blood pressure and the elevated liver enzymes.  Right now they are calling it mild preeclamsia.  So more tests!  I am doing another urine test, then some more blood tests and also some Non Stress Tests.  The specialist I saw on Friday told me that it might be safest for me and the baby if we deliver early.  I will be doing more tests and will find out the results of those tests the beginning of next week.  But if the baby comes early she will be here in about 2 weeks when I am 37 weeks.  I figured this would be the easiest way to get this information out.  I am feeling fine and still doing my regular scheduled activities, I just spend more time at the hospital and at the clinic than I used to.  I will try to keep everyone updated through the blog, so when I find out more I will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Rest, rest, and get off your feet. We love you. Keep us informed. I'm still looking for flights.

    ReplyDelete