Friday the 3rd was Trina's 26th Birthday! Since Elijah had to be at work from 5am till 2pm I spent the morning on my own. Mom called and we talked for a long time, but that is how it always is when I talk to Mom on the phone. After the wonderful chat with my Mom I took a forever long shower (I was going to take a bath but alas we have no bath tub in our little home). I got dressed and ate my Birthday Breakfast of Reses Cereal, and then proceeded move to the game closet and pullout as many games as I thought I could play before Elijah came home.
So I played a game of Blokus Trigon (I played all four colors) and won with Yellow!! This may sound extra lame to everyone that I was playing games by myself but in all honesty I loved every second! If you don't know by now that I love playing games you might have missed something!! Since Blokus is really just a warm up game to get my mind thinking for four, I moved on to Castle Panic! I received Castle Panic from Momma and Poppa Hall earlier that week. Elijah knew it was coming so when it got here he said I could open it! Well I didn't realize that Castle Panic has rules for a Solo game so I read up on those and played the Solo version! I have to admit, I would have lost the game to the monsters in the forest if I didn't change the rules a tiny bit and Cheat the whole game! But I won and the Birthday Girl is always supposed to win right!?! Well after cheating my way through Castle Panic and coming out a victor I decided to play a game that would be harder to cheat with. So I pulled out Settlers of Catan. We received Settlers of Catan and the 6 player expansion from Allison and Rocky for a wedding gift. So I used the expansion set and played with six...yes six different players! It was an amazing game! I think I played for about two and a half hours before Elijah finally came home. (He was about an hour and a half late) Well I was pulling for Orange or Brown to win but the way Blue was situated on hexes that would only give her resources for Development Cards and Cities she was sitting pretty with not only all of her cities made but she had the largest army and three extra victory points from the Development cards. It was an amazing game! When Elijah finally got home he just looked at what I was doing and laughed! Well I didn't finish the game because I felt bad that I was playing a game and Elijah had to just watch. So I put Catan away.
So it turns out that Elijah was so late because he was looking for a specific store (Boardgame Revolution) that he saw on-line that was located in Orem. He had to jump through some hoops to find it but he finally did and when he got home he brought home some new pets!! So we now have Killer Bunnies and several new Steeds for our Munchkins! I was thrilled! So we opened our new games to see all of the new cards! Well to say the least I had a Birthday full of games and winning!
We decided to go for a hike so I could get out of the house and I figured I didn't just want to go for a normal walk around the neighborhood. So Elijah got on-line and found a short hike (I still am not accustom to the altitude here so I feel way out of shape most of the time) So we drove to Orem and tried to find the right trail so we could see the waterfall that was advertised. Well we followed some horses onto what we thought was the trail and climbed some steep hills and saw some deer that were huge really close. As it turns out we were on the wrong trail and never saw the waterfall, but we had fun and will probably go back to try again.
Elijah made me a wonderful meal and we both ate way too much to have birthday cake that night...He made that for me too! So we cuddled up on the couch and watched a few seasons of The Office and went to bed! Overall it was a pretty splendid Birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment