Monday, June 13, 2011

Black Creek Canyon

This past weekend held a fun adventure for the Hall family.  Trina and I decided that we would take a hike up the Black Creek Canyon Trail and see what the fuss was all about.  Actually we just wanted some fresh air.  Well the trail was great!!  The views were nice but the waterfall was beautiful.  The trail meandered up the canyon following the small creek that as far as I understand is fed mainly by summer runoff.  However there were several spots that appeared to be natural spring coming out of the mountain.  We can't say with certainty, however.











We really did enjoy the trail and met some fun people.  Even though we took our hike on a Friday there were still quite a few people on the trail.  It was a nice afternoon until it happened.  The attack of the allergies!!!

I tried to prepare I tried to be ready but it seems my Nose, eyes and lungs just weren't ready for the barrage of pollen, seeds, and other allergens.  By the end of the hike I was ready for a nice dosage of Benadryl and a nice nap.  But there was still the drive home.  The canyon was in Pleasant Grove so we had a decent way to drive.  It turned out fine in the end just a slightly miserable drive back.  Some pills and I was on my way.

It did however put a small rain on our parade for the evening. We had plans to go to Bed Bath & Beyond and take part in a little activity which included discounts, door prizes, and raffles.  I was not feeling up to it, but we found out we could still get the discounts later so that was nice.

Overall a great day and we are looking forward to another exciting week with a nice surprise at the end of it.  NATHAN IS COMING!!! We are very excited.  Mainly because it will mean another player in our fun game nights which seem to occur every night.  Well Nathan, bring it on buddy, we can't wait to see you this Friday and are looking forward to having you stay with us.

1 comment: