This New Year's celebration was a very different experience for me. There was no grand party or big loud noises with lots of people around, but I wouldn't want to bring in this New Year in any other way!
I didn't have to work but since our store was moving locations I went in to help pack things up. I brought along a new friend, Thomas, to help. (Thomas just finished his mission and was coming to BYU to go to school, he stayed at our house for a some time while he got his apartment ready and things at school and work lined up.) I talked him into coming and helping too. I spent most of the morning packing up boxes and trying to get things ready for the new office. I got home and ate lunch with Thomas. Elijah came home from work about the time we sat down to eat. Elijah had already eaten so he sat down and started playing Skyrim. We finished eating lunch and Thomas, who had other New Year's plans to attend left. I was still tired from from all the packing and moving so I curled up on the couch next to Elijah and took a little nap.
Well Elijah and I stayed in that same position (Me laying on the couch and Elijah playing Skyrim) for the rest of the evening with a brief break for dinner (Elijah made mac and cheese because I didn't want to move). We brought in the New Year with Skyrim. It was kind of like watching one of those choose your own adventure books, it was actually a lot of fun! At 12:00 I told him to pause the game so he could kiss me and I could kiss him. After the Good Luck 12:00 kiss we played/watched Skyrim for another hour before we decided to call it quits and go to bed.
I guess others would call it a boring evening, but I brought in the new year with my new husband and best friend. Doing "nothing" with him is everything to me!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
That wasn't a boring night at all! Andrew & I were at a friend's home planning games. Around 11:35, Andrew & I left cause we were soo tired lol So we had spent our New Years in the car on our way back to my house.
ReplyDelete