Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trying to Play Catch Up!

Christmas
Christmas was wonderful we were able to celebrate three times all in the same day!!  We got to spend Christmas Eve and part of Christmas morning with my Aunt Kasi and her family.  So we got to see all of my cousins which was so much fun.  Kasi and Rich were great they involved us in their Christmas Eve traditions of new pajama's, an ornament and a book.  Of course there was gaming, getting to know one another again, and great food but that is how the Johnson's were raised, so that is how their kids are too.  (Of course that is how we will be raising our children as well....there is always time for games and food!)  We stole Kaitlyn's bed for the night which was an amazingly comfortable bed.  Stayed up late but got a good nights sleep.  We finally got out of bed around 7:00 and went down to enjoy the beautiful Christmas tree and watch Kasi's family open all of their presents.  Well Kasi and Rich were so wonderful we had presents waiting for us too!  We felt so loved and blessed that morning.  Kasi got us Ticket to Ride the Nordic Countries that has been perfect for the two of us.  
We love it!  After presents and all of those fun pictures and moments it was time for breakfast.  So breakfast was a combination of cinnamon rolls and salmon jerky (which isn't as nasty as it sounds...it was actually really good) and the cinnamon rolls were the biggest cinnamon rolls I have ever seen so tasty too!!  

We had to leave soon after breakfast and we were heading to Cammy (Elijah's sister) and Ray's house to spend the late morning with them and their two amazing kids Jayden and Savanna.  I spent most of our time there trying to play Wii Mario Brothers with Jayden, it is good that he is a patient child or he would have kicked
me out of the game really fast!  
We skyped with Elijah's family in Georgia!  It was so much fun to see them and pretend we were all in the same room!  We attempted to do a puzzle but ran out of time because Cammy agreed to do Family Christmas lunch/dinner so she had to get busy getting ready for the Hipwell family to come over.  It is so much fun spending time with my in-laws, I just wish more of them lived closer!

The drive back to Provo went by relatively quickly, we got home and unloaded the car and got ready for our own little Christmas.  Our parents were wonderful and helped fill out under our tree.  We managed to fill each others stockings with nothing but candy this year.  We both tried to surprise each other with candy!  Well needless to say we both went a little overboard with the candy.  So if you would like to satisfy your sweet tooth and happen to be near our house please stop by and visit our candy box....yes it is a box!



Elijah found me an amazing cream colored peacoat.  I was in love with it, unfortunately it was a little on the big size so we went and exchanged it for a smaller one that is beautiful!  I love wearing it, I am just waiting for it to be cold enough for it to be needed.  I got him exactly what he wanted, he just didn't know it till he finally found it in the box I wrapped for him.  He asked for and received Skyrim, it is an Xbox game.  If I wrapped it as it was he was going to know what I got him, and what's the fun in that?  So I took a bigger box and filled the bottom with diced tomatoes (to give it weight) put the game in there and stuffed the rest with some kitchen towels.  He was so confused when he opened that box to find kitchen towels and tomatoes!!  But he finally found his gift and I think it was worth all the confusion!


We also got to Skype with my brother Val who is serving a mission in Salt Lake City.  It was so good to see and talk with him!  What a treat!  I can't wait for him to get home so we can talk him into coming to school out here!  we also got to Skype with my family and I got to see our new little nephew Ezra!  Such a little cutie, he looked like he had red hair but I was told otherwise.  I can't wait for this summer so I can go and see him and hold him myself!


This was my first Christmas away from home and it was a wonderful success!  I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment