Friday, February 3, 2012

Our Day Off Together

 Elijah and I have both been working full time for a while now.  My only day off is on Sunday and Elijah takes his days off on Sunday and Thursday.  So we don't usually get time during the week to just relax and hang out together, until after work and even then it seems like there is only time for making dinner, eating it, cleaning it up, and then going to bed.  So as a whole Elijah and I don't get to spend time just being together and doing nothing.  But this week at work our full time therapist was going to be in Salt Lake to take a myofacial class.  Without her working we didn't have any appointments on Thursday or Saturday so I asked if I had to come in and my boss man said no.  So Thursday and Saturday I have off this week!!  Before I moved to full time I had Mondays off and I would do the laundry, clean the bathroom, the kitchen and vacuum.  Now I do those things before and after work throughout the week so I had absolutely nothing to do with my day off.  Not a bad thing though, right?  Elijah had Thursday off so we got to sleep in and cuddle way into the morning.  I finally got out of bed around 9:30 or so and made breakfast for us....yummy cinnamon waffles with Nutela!  After washing the dishes and getting the table cleared off, Elijah started playing Skyrim and I sat on the couch next to him and started working on some crafts.  That is how we spent our day off crafting and video gaming on the couch in our pajamas.  Can life get better?  I submit that it cannot!


So I will admit I have a slight addiction.  There is a website called pinterest.com that has some of the most amazing ideas for cooking, crafting, pictures, or just about anything you can think of.  So I have been looking at all of the things I could be doing to make my house cuter and how I could make things myself.  So I have been making a list of things I would like to try to do.  I was able to go to Joanns last weekend and get some crafting supplies that I didn't already have.  Well this day off just gave me the opportunity to attempt some of these new crafts!  The craft of the day was our last name in yarn wrapped letters.  It took me more attempts than I would like to confess to get them looking as good as they do....still not perfect but better than the first few attempts but I like them, and in the end that is all that matters right?!  Now I am thankful I married a man with a short last name, because having to do this with my maiden name Sorensen would have been much less fun!
Here is the finished product!
I made a deal with Elijah that when I got done with the letters we would rehang the wedding pictures to incorporate my new creations.  About a month ago we finally hung our wedding pictures.  About 2 weeks after that we rearranged the furniture and the TV covered up the pictures we had just put up.  So we swapped walls now the wall behind the TV has the "Family Tree" and the The Family A Proclamation to the World and The Living Christ on either side.  The wall behind the couch now has our last name and the big wedding photo that Elijah's parents gave us and two other smaller photos.  Of course all of this is subject to change at any time, but for right now I am one happy woman!
Finished Walls!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with the place! Even more impressed that you are making many of your fancy decorations. Isn't it fun having your own place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having my own place and being able to share it with Elijah!! I am excited to get my curtains up and then that room will be almost done!!

    ReplyDelete