Friday, February 3, 2012

Triumphs in the Kitchen

 Ok because I like to cook and because I love to eat I would like to share a few moments of glory that have come out of my kitchen.  The first one I would like to mention is a pizza.  A few months ago we went over to eat with some friends of ours.  They had bought some pizzas from Papa Murphy's one of them was your normal everyday pizza and the other was a Chicago Style!  I decided that I loved it so much that I had to try one of my own.  Lately Elijah and I have been into Chicken Bacon Ranch pizzas so I made the bottom layer as a that and the top layer was pepperoni!  Fantastic!  Look at all that cheese!!  Amazing!! And so filling!  I think next time I will try a baked potato pizza on the bottom with the chicken bacon ranch on the top!  Wow could that be amazing or what!!  Now all I need to do is get a round pan so it will actually look like a pizza.


 
Next on my creation list is a grilled buffalo chicken cheese sandwich.  I have attempted these several times.  Each time with a very similar result....one huge mess.  When I wanted to make them I never had bread already made so I would make dough and make buns and after that was cooked I would put the chicken and cheese in them and try to grill them.  Talk about Epic Fail!!  Mess everywhere!  I continued to try but to no avail.  Well this time I was inspired by the empanada and this "sandwich" was turned into a empanada looking calzone.  One of these days I will attempt to actually make this sandwich like the recipe says to but until I have bread already made and ready to make a grilled buffalo chicken and cheese sandwich I will be making the empanada clazone instead.  Amazing flavor!
Last but not least....I have succeeded in making Pita Bread!  Yes that bread that seems so impossible I made on the first attempt and it turned out perfectly!!  Unfortunately we ate them so fast that there was no picture taken.  Next time (and there will definitely be a next time) I will take pictures and do one of those step by step picture thing because they are that easy and that much fun to watch!  Inside our Pita's we had chicken bacon lettus ranch and avocados.  Tonight I will be making stir fry and eggrolls and Sunday I will be attempting Orange Chicken in the crock pot.  I am so excited!!  Cooking is so much fun when things turn out like they should!  

1 comment:

  1. What fun you are having in the kitchen! Wish I could be there to see it and eat it instead of just read about it and look at the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring me to new heights.

    ReplyDelete