Since my work week has been drastically cut I have had time to sit at home and work on some projects that I have been putting off. One of the things that I will be working on for a while is my wedding scrapbook. I have decided that it should be from the time that Elijah and I met to when we got married. I have been getting quite a bit done and am happy with most of the pages so far. I have only had to redo one of them and there is one more that might be on the chopping block but we'll see how much I still like/don't like it in a few days. My favorite page so far is the "Falling in Love" page. The colors I chose and the contrast of it all makes me happy.
Another thing I have been putting off since Christmas time is the pinata I started for my brother Val who is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City. It is a Christmas tradition in the Sorensen house to make a pinata and decorate it and invite a family over to help us break it. Well this past year I made two pinatas one for us and one for Val. This Christmas was his last on the mission and I wanted to surprise him with a pinata. Well I started both of them around Thanksgiving time so I would have plenty of time to get both of them done and even some time to procrastinate them both. Well I finished the one we were going to use on the day we were going to break it. It was a Christmas lamb. (It looked like an albino Santa Claus) Well I kept putting off doing Val's because he had no idea I was doing it so wasn't expecting anything. Well Christmas came and went and I still didn't get it done for Val. Then I decided I would give it to him for New Years. That could be a fun New Years activity right? Well New Years flew by and I still wasn't done with the pinata. Then there was Valentines Day...even better right? I could make it pink with cupid on one side and glitter and hearts all over it. Well that didn't happen either. So yesterday I looked at a calendar and realized that his birthday was coming up and so was the end of his mission. So his birthday was right around the corner and I wanted to watch a new movie and not be lazy, (I tend to have movies playing in the background while I craft or clean or when I am home) so the pinata is now finished!! A whole month in advance!
I've never done a birthday pinata before so I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. Well I painted the whole thing blue because I figured blue was the color I wanted to be the base. I then decided I would make it into a bird. Like the blue macaw from the Rio movie.
I got to thinking about that and decided that would take way too much time and I didn't want to do it unless I could cover the thing in feathers, so when it got hit the feathers would fly off. (Like they do when you hit a bird with your car) So I had this big blue ball with white eyes painted on it, what could I possibly do with that? Then it hit me! COOKIE MONSTER!! Of course cookie monster would be awesome for a 22 year old missionary! So my first Birthday Pinata is Cookie monster!! I think he is going to love it! I have to admit I am pretty impressed with myself for how amazingly it turned out!
Another thing I have been putting off since Christmas time is the pinata I started for my brother Val who is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City. It is a Christmas tradition in the Sorensen house to make a pinata and decorate it and invite a family over to help us break it. Well this past year I made two pinatas one for us and one for Val. This Christmas was his last on the mission and I wanted to surprise him with a pinata. Well I started both of them around Thanksgiving time so I would have plenty of time to get both of them done and even some time to procrastinate them both. Well I finished the one we were going to use on the day we were going to break it. It was a Christmas lamb. (It looked like an albino Santa Claus) Well I kept putting off doing Val's because he had no idea I was doing it so wasn't expecting anything. Well Christmas came and went and I still didn't get it done for Val. Then I decided I would give it to him for New Years. That could be a fun New Years activity right? Well New Years flew by and I still wasn't done with the pinata. Then there was Valentines Day...even better right? I could make it pink with cupid on one side and glitter and hearts all over it. Well that didn't happen either. So yesterday I looked at a calendar and realized that his birthday was coming up and so was the end of his mission. So his birthday was right around the corner and I wanted to watch a new movie and not be lazy, (I tend to have movies playing in the background while I craft or clean or when I am home) so the pinata is now finished!! A whole month in advance!
I've never done a birthday pinata before so I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. Well I painted the whole thing blue because I figured blue was the color I wanted to be the base. I then decided I would make it into a bird. Like the blue macaw from the Rio movie.
I got to thinking about that and decided that would take way too much time and I didn't want to do it unless I could cover the thing in feathers, so when it got hit the feathers would fly off. (Like they do when you hit a bird with your car) So I had this big blue ball with white eyes painted on it, what could I possibly do with that? Then it hit me! COOKIE MONSTER!! Of course cookie monster would be awesome for a 22 year old missionary! So my first Birthday Pinata is Cookie monster!! I think he is going to love it! I have to admit I am pretty impressed with myself for how amazingly it turned out!
I love it! That will be a great present & great way to end a mission! I watch Netflix when I craft & clean. Its the only way to watch the shows that I like & Andrew doesn't lol Congrats on the finished project!
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad I'm not the only one that watches movies and shows all day long but still gets things done!! That is about the only way I know how to truly multi-task!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun pinata! Are you going to make birthday pinata's often?
ReplyDeleteI still haven't decided about the whole birthday pinata's being a usual thing, but Elijah was pretty keen on them. He is trying to come up with a holder that will help with the actual layering, his ideas have been interesting. If we come up with a winner I will have him make you one too!
Delete